ARC Appalachian STEM Academy at Oak Ridge - Bridge Program
The ARC Appalachian STEM Academy Bridge Program is a two-week, fully funded, hands-on learning experience for those students who previously completed the 2020 or 2021 ARC/ORAU Middle School Summer Science Academy as an 8th grader but are not yet old enough to apply for the Appalachian STEM Academy high school program. The Appalachian Bridge Academy STEM Program is hosted by Oak Ridge Associated Universities in Oak Ridge, Tennessee and builds upon the knowledge the participants gained in the Science Academy. All participants work with a master teacher, assistant teacher, and other experts to conduct guided group science, math, and computer science technology research projects. The program culminates in a final group presentation where participants showcase their work.
- Must be a U.S. citizen
- Must be a current 9th grader or 10th grader, under the age of 16, and have completed the ARC/ORAU Middle School Summer Science Academy
- Must attend a public, private, charter, or homeschool in a designated Appalachian county (see http://www.arc.gov/counties)
- Must plan to enroll in a public, private, charter, or homeschool in a designated Appalachian county for the 2022-2023 school year
- Must be willing to follow all program and safety instructions
- Must be able to participate in all program activities for the full program period, July 9-July 22, 2022