Oak Ridge Associated Universities (ORAU) provides innovative scientific and technical solutions to advance national priorities in science, education, security and health. Through specialized teams of experts, unique laboratory capabilities and access to a consortium of more than 150 major colleges and universities, ORAU works with federal, state, local and commercial customers to advance national priorities and serve the public interest.
Going further together with our customers
ORAU is a 501(c)(3), not-for-profit organization that has been working with government agencies, universities, and corporate entities since 1946. We provide innovative scientific and technical solutions for the Department of Energy and other agencies to advance science education and workforce development and protect health and the environment. We do this by integrating unique laboratory capabilities, specialized teams of experts and a consortium of 150+ universities. We connect the right people and resources to get things done, and we put the full power of our organization behind every project—both large and small.
Integrated capabilities across science, education, workforce development and health
Whether the scope is federal, state or local, we provide a streamlined approach to working with world-class experts to efficiently and effectively solve your problems and address your challenges. Our capabilities include science education, workforce development, scientific peer review, worker and public health, environmental assessments, radiation emergency medicine and response, forensic science and professional training.
Supporting DOE’s mission for more than 75 years
ORAU manages the Oak Ridge Institute for Science and Education (ORISE) for the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) and consistently demonstrates high performance in DOE mission areas, including:
- Faculty and student research experiences that provide scientific discovery and innovation for DOE’s Office of Science
- Scientific peer review that helps DOE make informed research funding decisions
- Decontamination verification at sites across the nation supporting the cleanup goals of DOE
- Worker health studies and medical screening programs that assist current and former DOE employees and the mission of DOE
- DOE-Voluntary Protection Program Star Site demonstrating safety and health management excellence outlined by DOE
- ISO-9001 and ISO-14001 certification showing commitment to quality and environmental goals