The Industrial Hygiene/Occupational Safety (IH/OS) Special Interest Group (SIG) is a peer-to-peer network of personnel from the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) and its contractors, subcontractors, and labor involved in occupational safety and health related issues.
The SIG meets the needs of its membership by:
- Identifying, and selecting, currently available tools for the enhancement or implementation of occupational safety and health programs to meet specific needs within the DOE community;
- Identifying occupational safety and health resources and materials to address specific safety and health needs and priorities of DOE facilities;
- Promoting opportunities and providing avenues for IH/OS professionals within the DOE community to develop and extend their occupational safety and health competencies;
- Partnering with DOE to distribute and implement the use of occupational safety and health guidance materials; and
- Facilitating the exchange of materials and resources within the DOE community to increase the cost-effectiveness of occupational safety and health programs, information, and training materials