Organizational Culture Evaluations
ORAU's Center for Safety Studies provides independent source for safety, security and quality culture evaluations
Does your organizational culture promote excellent performance?
Do your leaders send the message that safety, security, and quality are absolutes that will not be compromised?
If you are not completely confident in your answers to these questions, you may decide that an evaluation of your organizational culture would be beneficial. ORAU’s Center for Safety Studies can help. Our team of subject matter experts has extensive experience in culture evaluations for the nuclear, chemical and other high-hazard industries.
ORAU’s interdisciplinary team of former executives, health and safety professionals, industrial/organizational psychologists, engineers, biostatisticians and data scientists provide independent analysis of your situation to help you make management decisions based on facts. Feedback from your employees through interviews, focus groups, surveys, and observations help you solve labor relations issues and concerns about safety. When organizational culture issues are identified and addressed, your workforce is more engaged, more productive and provides greater responsiveness to your customers.
What we offer
- Safety culture evaluations
- Nuclear safety culture evaluations
- Security culture evaluations
- Safety analyses
- Independent assessments
- Employee satisfaction surveys
Industries we serve
(including North American Industry Classification System Code)
- Utilities (221)
- Construction of Buildings (236)
- Heavy and Civil Engineering Construction (237)
- Petroleum and Coal Products Manufacturing (324)
- Chemical Manufacturing (325)
- Primary Metals Manufacturing (331)
- Fabricated Metal Product Manufacturing (332)
- Pipeline Transportation (486)
- Telecommunications (517)
- Professional, Scientific and Technical Services (541)
- Waste Management and Remediation Services (562)
- Hospitals (622)
- Space Research and Technology (927)
- National Security and International Affairs (928)
Guides for developing safety culture evaluations
ORAU is a safety leader among government contractors
ORAU has been recognized for more than a decade as a DOE Voluntary Protection Program (VPP) Star Site for Safety, through our management of the Oak Ridge Institute for Science and Education for the U.S. Department of Energy and the Radiation Emergency Assistance Center/Training Site for the National Nuclear Security Administration. We have received DOE’s VPP Star of Excellence Award each year since 2005. With this tradition of safety excellence, we have helped ORISE become one of only nine DOE sites across the nation to be named a Legacy of Stars site. Learn more about the culture of Safety at ORAU.